Saints Tailgate Forum
February 10, 2016, 02:34:28 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fowlclowns will get a rare crack at demoralized saints  (Read 289 times)
BuddyDeesGhost
Legacy Saints Staff Writer

« on: November 26, 2012, 05:42:40 PM »

Pic courtesy of blackandgold.com

Bobby Knight said it best perhaps: "when you're getting raped; ya might as well lie back and enjoy it!"

He got fired for that comment, but I ask you, fellow Who Dats: Is there any reason left for the saints to fight Thursday night?

There are so many reasons to just give up now:
1. We are coming off the most physical game of the year.  
2. We are down to our 4th string right tackle and DB's.  
3. Colston and Moore may also be out.  
4. Brees has to be hurting after getting sacked 5 times yesterday
5. Another win only drops us in the order for a desperately needed high first round pick
6. We don't even have a head coach

To top it off, we are playing a 10-1 team (that should be 6-5) in their home stadium and a playoff berth is probably an unreasonable goal at this point.

There is every reason in the world for the saints to just play half-ass.  And as for me, well, I'd forgive them for it.  Yes even if it means losing to the dirty birds, just this once.

At least we maintained dignity through most of the season.

MBM......The Mud Bug Mafia
Art V.
Saints Fan

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 06:06:51 PM »

lol thats one way to look at it but we still realistically have a shot at a wild card spot because of other team losses yesterday.  like you, i dont expect them to win thursday, but i do expect them to try.  the o line held for three quarters of the game even with the 4th string tackle playing.  and atlantas defense is nowhere near as physical as the 9ers so im crossing my fingers and hoping they will hold up.  its frustrating being a saints fan.  i am probably one of the first to talk shit about them when they do badly but inside i dont give up hope til there is no chance left for them.  so as long as there is a chance i still believe they have as good a chance as anyone else.

ps im glad to see the term fowl clowns catching on.

in my world there are two seasons.  football and waiting on football season
BuddyDeesGhost

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »

Amen im right there in the locker room with them spiritually.  They have to feel morally devastated right now.

Who knows we may pull it out.  Their defense should seem like the Junior Varsity B-team compared to the niners assault.

Art V.
Saints Fan

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 09:17:10 PM »

yeah it was brutal.  and i dont expect the fowl clowns to take it easy on them either.  they will need a little something extra in the tank to win this one on a short week.

in my world there are two seasons.  football and waiting on football season
BuddyDeesGhost

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 10:54:35 PM »

Yeah art like conan said "that which does not kill us makes us stronger"!  Or maybe it will just make us gun-shy.  Undecided

That's what we'll find out Thursday.  Saints will have post traumatic stress disorder, or they wont...

Classy Lassy
NFL Staff Writer NFL Consultant

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 08:48:27 AM »

WTF?Huh  Hey guys, it's getting tiresome being an unofficial cheerleader for the Saints, when technically, I'm already spoken for (although my Cards hardly seem to have any life in them and could be pronounced "brain dead"...still) Roll Eyes  I have believed in the Saints from the get go and still believe they are the better team to prevail over the foulclowns...skillwise, taking the referees and politics out of the equation  Wink.

If you look at the dirty birds, they are BARELY....BARELY....hanging on.  The Cards beat them in play (except for a little matter of our QB fiasco... early Alzheimer's brought on by playing for the Falcons by our coach Huh) and  while the Saints don't have our defense you have Drew Brees AND Darren Sproles AND Marcus Colston AND Chris Ivory AND Jon Vilma AND Will Smith AND a larger cast of talent than the foulclowns who have...Tony Gonzalez  Kiss Last week they won against the Bucs by 1 point! Grin

..just say'n...this is a game that is TOTALLY winable by the Saints...not just winable...you can take 'em like Sherman took Atlanta!  Sometimes a little rough'n up serves as an aphrodisiac to stir the passion...or so I'm told Roll Eyes

GO GET 'EM WHO DATS!  PLUCK THOSE DAMN DIRTY BIRDS! Wink

...... Victoria Secret Vigilantes

"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to is"...Vince Lombardi
DrummerChuck
Saints Fan

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 11:24:58 AM »

The Saints can beat them. The Falclowns aren't very good against the run. If the Saints coaches will stick to the run and feed Ivory the ball, and run some screens to Sproles and Thomas, not only will they move the ball, they will control the game by using up the clock, and keeping our defense off of the field. We ran the ball on them pretty good in the last game. I hope the coaches notice this!
Any word on if Strief will be back this week?
BuddyDeesGhost

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 05:28:17 PM »

Thanks for the support CL, but we haven't had a high draft pick for about 5 years.  If we blow off the rest of the season and go 5-11 we could pick in the top ten.

I also feel the saints could win, but at what cost?  We could play ballz out and get sproles another hand fracture while hes still vulnerable.  Im not sure its worth it.

As far as strief goes drummer, you might as well ask the CIA. 

stick to the run

That concerns me.  We seemed to be quick to abandon the run sunday as soon as we were behind. 

Yes, I know we have a history of trying to force other teams into "our game", but this sunday felt different. 

While the stats don't scream "domination", I felt like we were slowly wearing them down with the run throughout most of the first half.  Right before Drew threw OH SO PREDICTABLY to Jimmy Graham.

Anyway, does Vitt know when to stick with a game plan and when not to?   Not sure.  When we started passing, we actually played into their game...which is pass rushing and blanket coverage.

Classy Lassy
NFL Staff Writer NFL Consultant

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 07:37:51 PM »

Buddy...you need to put the 9er loss behind you....this is the foul clowns you are meeting on Thursday and they'll have a REAL tough time against the run (you told me that before we played the dirty birds and it held true!) Grin

The Saints have them on sheer talent as I said before, and, I don't think you will have to break a sweat, let alone put Sproles in any danger.  Hell, sit him if that makes ya feel better, you really won't even need him with Ingram, Ivory and Thomas.  If your defense can put any kind of pressure on Matty Ice he will melt away...even the Cards sacked him five times and caused him a turnover Shocked

I know the Saints can do this and you will hear me cheering all the way from Phoenix! Cheesy

You guys go out there, lite'em up, and pluck those dirty birds! Wink

WHO DAT!

...... Victoria Secret Vigilantes

"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to is"...Vince Lombardi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~
XHTML | CSS
All content not individually copyrighted is the property of
SaintsTailgate.com - All International rights are reserved
Copyright 2010-2016 by SaintsTailgate.com