Pic courtesy of blackandgold.com
Bobby Knight said it best perhaps: "when you're getting raped; ya might as well lie back and enjoy it!"
He got fired for that comment, but I ask you, fellow Who Dats: Is there any reason left for the saints to fight Thursday night?
There are so many reasons to just give up now:
1. We are coming off the most physical game of the year.
2. We are down to our 4th string right tackle and DB's.
3. Colston and Moore may also be out.
4. Brees has to be hurting after getting sacked 5 times yesterday
5. Another win only drops us in the order for a desperately needed high first round pick
6. We don't even have a head coach
To top it off, we are playing a 10-1 team (that should be 6-5) in their home stadium and a playoff berth is probably an unreasonable goal at this point.
There is every reason in the world for the saints to just play half-ass. And as for me, well, I'd forgive them for it. Yes even if it means losing to the dirty birds, just this once.
At least we maintained dignity through most of the season.